Monday, May 12, 2014

A Fledgling start

I suppose both the picture and this post, along with the first post, is indicative of my current feelings and stance on this blog, and the current work being done on my world. I have already "Finished" Eharlith, though I put "Finished" in quotes because it in reality is far from it, and am turning my sights to Alsanaan, the continent south of Eharlith. I am in no way completely done with Eharlith, and will work as much as my time allows, and my focus allows, to continue making it more immersive (this isn't how you spell immersive?) and full bodied. A quick side note to keep in mind as I write this update, firstly I am nigh on falling asleep with a loud thud against my keyboard, but I want to attempt to post at least daily (thought it's technically the "next day" for me) and secondly I am not entirely aware of how I am going to approach this update business, so off I go.
Alsanaan, as far as I have, and or, am willing to divulge, is continent I believe will be divided from the northern continent of Eharlith by a massive mountain range/some other obstacle, and with have a small section connected to Georamia, Georamia being North East of Alsanaan. Alsanaan will be a place mired deeply in culture, riches, and powerful factions, but not realms per se, I suppose when I made this continent I had in mind more of a large ocean based trading land like area, with Island chains and a few isles south and south east, as can be seen in the picture. Of course there will be a million more updates along the way, but as for now here is the fledgling beginning, a large land mass, though not larger than Eharlith or even perhaps Georamia, but still its southern ocean could give it infinite amounts of sea faring adventure and so forth. The Hakarian Islands to the south east I believe I will make a separate post for, but lets just say it will definitely have a curious dichotomy between being part of the regular trading and exchange of Entrathia, and its own little world, in a certain sense!
Well that's about all I can muster, my keyboard keys are starting to look like a nice place to sleep, so before that occurs, I'll take myself away to bed. I look forward to working more and more on Alsanaan, I may deviate a great amount from this post, or others, but then this is a blog about all things RPG, GMing and so on and so on.
Till next post, roll your D20
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment